Ajanta-Ellora Tour Package From Delhi-Vacation Tour Packages India
Ajanta-Ellora Tour From Delhi, Embark on a journey through time at Ajanta & Ellora, India’s crown jewel of rock-cut wonders. Nestled in Maharashtra’s Sahyadri ranges, these two sites, though separate, offer a breathtaking glimpse into ancient artistry and faith.
Ajanta: Picture 30 caves carved into a horseshoe cliff, adorned with vibrant paintings showcasing Buddhist tales and life. Witness the grace of the “Padmapani” mural, the intricate details of Cave 1, and the serenity of the Chaitya halls. Immerse yourself in the stories whispered by these 2000-year-old masterpieces.
Ellora: Just 100km away, Ellora stuns with its architectural diversity. Imagine 34 caves carved into a basalt cliff, showcasing a harmonious blend of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. Marvel at the towering Kailasa temple, a monolithic wonder dedicated to Shiva, and the intricate carvings of the Dumar Lena cave. Each cave tells a story, from epic battles to spiritual journeys.
Ajanta-Ellora Tour From Delhi, Remember:
- The best time to visit the Ajanta and Ellora Caves is between October and March, when the weather is pleasant and dry.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will be doing a lot of walking.
- Carry a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen as it can get quite hot during the day.
- Photography is allowed inside the caves, but avoid using flash.
- You can book your tour in advance or hire a local guide at the caves.
Have a wonderful time exploring these ancient wonders.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most traveler’s can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Remember to verify all details, including travel restrictions, before planning your trip, as circumstances can change.
Arrival From IGI Airport our repersentative transfer to your Hotel. Half Day sight seen in Delhi.
Take a morning flight from Delhi to Aurangabad, the nearest airport to the caves. The flight time is around 2 hours.
Upon arrival in Aurangabad, check into your hotel and relax for a while.
In the afternoon, visit the Bibi Ka Maqbara, a beautiful Mughal mausoleum known for its intricate architectural details.
In the evening, enjoy a delicious traditional Maharashtrian dinner at a local restaurant.
Early in the morning, depart for the Ajanta Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The drive is about 100 km and takes around 2-3 hours.
The Ajanta Caves are 29 rock-cut Buddhist cave temples dating back to the 2nd century BC. They are famous for their exquisite murals depicting the life of the Buddha and Jataka tales.
Spend a few hours exploring the caves with a guide who can explain the significance of the art and sculptures.
In the afternoon, return to Aurangabad and relax at your hotel.
On the next day, visit the Ellora Caves, another UNESCO World Heritage Site, located about 30 km from Aurangabad. The drive takes around 45 minutes.
The Ellora Caves are a unique collection of 34 rock-cut cave temples representing Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, dating from the 5th to the 10th centuries.
Marvel at the Kailasa temple, the largest single monolithic rock excavation in the world, dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Spend the afternoon exploring other caves like the Dashavatara Cave and the Rani Gumpha.
In the evening, enjoy a farewell dinner at a local restaurant and share your experiences of the incredible caves.
Depending on your flight schedule, you can either take a morning flight back to Delhi or spend some time exploring Aurangabad city.
Visit the Aurangabad Caves, another group of Buddhist cave temples dating back to the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD.
You can also visit the Daulatabad Fort, a well-preserved medieval fort perched on a hilltop.
Take a flight back to Delhi, marking the end of your unforgettable journey to the Ajanta and Ellora Caves.